Benefits of Coaching
"Treat people as if they were what they
ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable
Coaching is a dynamic process of discovery, growth, and development.
Coaching is a partnership between the coach and client that enables
the client to focus on his/her concerns, quests, challenges, foundational
values, and personal interests. The client uses regular contact
with the coach to take action to attract and create what they most
want in their lives, careers, and organizations.
Coaching expanded dramatically in the early 1990s at a time when
many professionals and individuals found a growing imbalance in
their business and personal lives. Coaching helps you live with
intention, which allows you to make conscious choices rather than
being a slave to "random" events.
Coaching is distinctive because
- Coaching is an ongoing relationship focused on you, the client,
taking action toward the realization of your visions, intentions,
- The Coach guides the client in a process designed to unlock
potential and maximize performance.
- Coaching unlocks clients' ability to gain clarity, remove self-imposed
limitations, access their inner wisdom, and find a sense of purpose.
- Coaching sparks and sustains positive change.
The hallmark of a successful client is the desire and willingness
to change. Typically, people who benefit from coaching feel "stuck"
in some way in their careers or personal lives. Coaching
can help free the person to act in ways that are congruent with
their deepest values and dreams.
A qualified coach will help you:
- Discover what you really want both personally and professionally
- Develop a strategy to get from your wishes to actualized goals
- Remove obstacles and self-imposed limitations that hinder your
- Discover your deepest passions and the things that bring you
- Integrate personal and professional life
- Find choices where none seem to exist
- Come home to your "self."
Coaching can help you when you need:
- Clarity amidst a number of conflicting options
- A specific action plan for achieving an otherwise "vague"
- An objective, informed, and committed partner who will keep
you on a successful track
- An active listener who will ask the right questions and offer